Top 10 (and then some) myths about the Austin music scene
That it's expensive.
- That it always has to involve alcohol (a number of the house concerts do not).
- That it is always a smoking zone (known exceptions: some early shows; house concerts;
- That it's only for the 20-somethings.
- That all the shows start at 1 a.m.
- That all live music happens on Sixth Street.
- That Sixth Street really has much to do with live music, at all.
- That the Austin music scene is dying.
- That the Austin music scene isn't dying (i.e. that it can sustain
itself at the current levels without many new fans.)
- That all the musicians are amateurs.
- That much of any Austin music gets played on the radio.
- That moving to Austin is a way to "make it" in the music business.
Back to my main music page.
This page not optimized for any particular browser.
©1997-2003, Mark Linimon. All rights reserved.
Wed Jul 25 21:36:50 GMT 2001